Classification: This is a casual salaried program staff position with limited benefits (initially scheduled 12-18 hours per week). $15-$18 / hour.
Introductory Statement: Mount Olive Lutheran Church seeks to engage all people in meaningful and Holy Spirit lead worship.
• The Music Director must see this position as a ministry to and with the people of God known as Mount Olive Lutheran Church. Commitment comes from an understanding of God’s love for us and God’s desire for us to communicate in worship and music the Good News of Jesus Christ.
• A willingness to grow in this position, extend hospitality, lead with faith and confidence as the worship life of Mount Olive evolves.
• Music degree beneficial but not required.
• Training in traditional church music, vocal, instrumental, and conducting skills is highly preferred.
• Previous supervisory experience will be considered.
• The candidate must be able to work well with all staff, volunteers and musicians of all abilities to further our music ministries.
Description of Responsibilities: The Music Director will
• Have primary responsibility for the planning, organization, execution and evaluation of Mount Olive’s total worship music ministries, so as to provide quality worship and a complete Christian music ministry of excellence, involvement, and inspiration for the entire church year. This will include planning for worship and cooperative effort in music selection with the Senior Pastor.
• Responsible for directing/conducting/overseeing Chancel Choir, Bass Clef Singers, and Praise Band; their rehearsals and performances; as well as other ensemble groups as needed or developed (especially during summer months).
• Responsible for the selection of performance music for traditional services and contemporary worship that support the Scriptures, sermon topic, and liturgical calendar in consultation with the Senior Pastor.
• Responsible for accompanists for all choirs, soloists, and other groups in conjunction with Senior Pastor.
• Recruits organist, pianist, and praise band musicians (instrumental and vocal). When accompanist is sick and unable to secure a musician(s), Music Director may assist in finding a replacement.
• Fill in as organist, pianist or accompanist when others are not available.
• Assist with worship music for all regular, seasonal (Advent, Lent), festival (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Holy Week, Easter), and non-Sunday worship services in cooperation with the Senior Pastor.
• Attend and participate in worship planning sessions with the Senior Pastor as needed.
• Coordinates special music and programs with the Senior Pastor, in cooperation with the Christian Education Board, for Christmas, Easter, Sunday school, and other special events of the Christian Education Program, as Senior Pastor deems necessary.
• Provides leadership and coordination of all other music staff and regularly communicates with them to schedule musical groups, set goals, and encourage growth.
• Recruit and coordinate year-round special music, guest musicians, and musical groups for worship in cooperation with the Senior Pastor.
• Administer the business affairs of the music ministry of Mount Olive including the developing of music budget proposal, overseeing expenditures, and projecting capital music purchases for equipment and instruments. Monitor the maintenance and care of all music supplies, equipment, instruments and tuning. Communicate with office
when damp chaser needs to be serviced in baby grand piano. Work in obtaining software, music and worship resources, and copyright permissions for all worship services.
• Oversee the cataloging, filing, and care of church music.
• Provide updates, announcements and articles for Olive Branch as needed.
• Oversee care of choir robes
• Oversee maintenance of rehearsal and performance areas.
• Maintains open communication with Senior Pastor and Worship Board regarding all music ministries of this congregation, by either attending regular monthly meetings of
the Worship Board as needed or by providing written information to the Pastor for
submittal to Worship Board.
• Seek to expand music opportunities for the congregation as mutually agreed upon with Senior Pastor, Worship Board, and Congregational Council.
• Other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Pastor.
To Apply Send your cover letter, resume, and at least two references to Pastor Craig Corbin at firstname.lastname@example.org For questions, contact Pastor Craig at the Mount Olive office at 928-855-2299.
To Print off the above, please click here.